Dermal fillers help rejuvenate skin which has lost volume and elasticity, by reducing and smoothing out wrinkles, helping you feel younger. It is made using hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance, which can be easily dissolved into the skin. They help recapture youth, in a non-invasive way.
Dermal fillers normally require a top up after 6-9 months, although this will depend on each individual person. They may also be a small chance of swelling or bruising which will fade after a few days.
Dermal fillers are used to treat:
- Bridge of the nose – helping to soften the appearance of bumps or irregular contours of the nose.
- Under the eyes – dermal filler can easily be layered into the tear trough and around the eye to give the lower lid a naturally rejuvenated look. This helps camouflage and reduce the appearance of dark circles – offering a more refreshed eye area.
- Cheekbones – dermal fillers can help create a fuller and more youthful appearance.
- Vermillion border – This treatment instantly rejuvenates thinness around your lip line – helping to avoid the lipstick ‘bleed.’
- Lips – At Skin Philosophy we focus on creating natural looking lips, helping clients regain their confidence whilst avoiding risk of a “trout pout”.
- Back of hands and décolletage: One of the signs of ageing is dryness and crêping of the skin. The dermal filler restores youthful suppleness by re-hydrating the skin.
- Nasolabial folds: Also known of the laugh lines, over time these can appear sharper and deeper. Dermal fillers can smooth away these lines – leaving a far more even skin tone.